ANTI DISCRIMINATION POLICY
(Reviewed October 2016)
1. The Club’s policy is not to discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability. The Club will not tolerate any such discrimination in any of the Club’s activities.
2. The Club will apply this policy when 1) advertising for and selecting applicants for employment; 2) seeking volunteers; 3) running courses; 4) running external coaching, educational activities and award schemes; 5) promoting football development activities; 6) selecting teams; and 7) considering appointments.
3. The Club will not tolerate racist, sectarian, sexual or bigoted harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
4. The Club is committed to the development of the programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities, in order to promote the eradication of discrimination within its own organisation, and within football as a whole.
5. The Club gives a commitment to ensure that it is open to all and that team selection policy will be the footballing ability and character of the individual, together with the collective balance of the team.
6. Each player and employee contract will include a clause stating that the Club is opposed to racism, sectarianism, bigotry and discrimination in any form and that the player or employee shares these principles and gives a commitment to uphold and promote these standards.
Reviewed and updated by the Board on 1st October 2016